Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF

From: Diane Wyshak
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:48 AM
To: idelle ; ray
Subject: Fw: please share

----- Original Message -----
From: Don C. Reed
To: Diane Wyshak
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:08 AM
Subject: please share

Click, comment, share with friends: LAST DAY TO CHANGE STEM CELL GUIDELINES? TODAY.

Today, Tuesday, May 26, 2009, is the last day allowed for public comment on the new National Institutes of Health (NIH).

If you click on http://nihoerextra.nih.gov/stem_cells/add.htm, (before 11:00 Eastern Standard time tonight) you will come to the public comment page.

Why should you bother to comment, to say something important like "I support the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine's position on the new stem cell guidelines" (that would be my recommendation)?

Three reasons:

  1.. The new guidelines are so cautious and conservative they would disqualify almost all the work done since 1998, when the field began. We owe to the brave men and women scientists who worked in a terrifically hostile political climate-their courage, and their work, deserve to be supported now.

  2.. The economy of the world depends on cure research. Last year, America alone spent $2.3 trillion on medical care costs-more than all federal income taxes put together ($1.8 trillion)-and 75% of that mountain of money went to pay for chronic (incurable) illness and disability.

  3.. Your family deserves the best medical care science can provide.

We're out of time, folks. Today is quite literally the last day. If you are going to be part of those who stood up for what they believed, and supported stem cell research at the moment when its future was in the balance, act now.

Or don't complain when things don't go the way you want them to.

Click, comment, share with your friends.

Today, or never.

Thank you,

Don C. Reed, father of Roman, paralyzed, and brother of Barbara, who has cancer. www.stemcellbattles.com