From: Parkinson's Action Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2009/5/21
Subject: Help Needed Today--Ask Representative to Sign Stem Cell Letter!
To: Kathleen Cochran <[log in to unmask]>

    [image: Take Action]  [image: Take Action]    *Help Needed Today--Ask
Representative to Sign Stem Cell Letter!*   *Your Representative Can Show
Support for NIH Guidelines*

Take Action!
<http://capwiz.com/pan/utr/1/BAOOKNXKDG/HLTXKNXKRY/3379146246>  Call Today!
Deadline Friday, May 22!    Representatives Diana DeGette and Mike Castle
are circulating a Dear Colleague letter regarding the National Institutes of
Health's (NIH) recent draft stem cell guidelines and the importance of
embryonic stem cell research.  As you know, NIH released its draft
guidelines <http://capwiz.com/pan/utr/1/BAOOKNXKDG/DBOKKNXKRZ/3379146246>required
under President Obama’s Executive
Order <http://capwiz.com/pan/utr/1/BAOOKNXKDG/IRZKKNXKSA/3379146246> and the
public has been given the opportunity to submit comments.  Your
Representative can show his or her support for the NIH’s guidelines and stem
cell research by signing the Dear Colleague letter, which will be submitted
to the NIH.

Please continue generating support for this promising research by calling
your Representative today and asking him/her to sign the Dear Colleague.  *The
deadline for your Representative to sign-on is tomorrow, Friday May 22!*
Click “Take Action” to access your Representative’s phone number and talking
points for your phone call.

*Take Action* <http://capwiz.com/pan/utr/1/BAOOKNXKDG/IENSKNXKSB/3379146246>

If you have not done so already, please submit your individual comments to
NIH.  It takes five minutes to submit comments and will help ensure the
final guidelines allow for this important science to advance as quickly as
possible.  To date, the NIH has received over 28,000 comments—the majority
of which are anti-embryonic stem cell research.  Encourage your friends,
family, and community to submit comments in support of embryonic stem cell
research by the* May 26th deadline*.  To submit comments, please click
here<http://capwiz.com/pan/utr/1/BAOOKNXKDG/OBBNKNXKSC/3379146246>
.
    If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click
here<http://capwiz.com/pan/lmx/u/?jobid=125165540&queueid=3379146246>.