I appreciate all of the foregoing comments. I also wonder if the
extended conference for Inkshedders could do something different to
enhance our writing lives. What format would an experience be made worth
the effort of one day? I'm just thinking out loud here - in a random
string . . .

Anti - conference? Anti-Congress? What could that be?
It makes me wonder about the forward motion of Congress and conferences
in general. They lead you with ideas, papers in progress, and airing of
papers that go into print. What would be the anti to that idea?

An anti-congress could take the shape of a writers workshop where
speakers from journals guide groups toward publications. Or instead of
talking heads, we could have writing heads. Perhaps a lot of unfinished
projects could be written during this time through collaborative power.
//A brief intense workshop on our favourite personal writing project
that got lost along the way. It could be a type of Dropped Threads
writers workshop. Alternatively, we// might have a type of //cinema
verité <http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cinema%20verite> in
the form of writing - //é//crit // verité.

////
For now,
Karen

////