Ingram, William wrote:
> What exactly does "a Catholic version" mean?  Is there a Protestant version that I don't know about?
The reference in the CFP is to David Mills's ongoing research into the
letters of Protestant divine, Chester preacher, and Genevan exile
Christopher Goodman.  Goodman's letterbook contains copies of letters
sent to various ecclesiastical authorities complaining about the
"papist" character of the 1572 and 1575 Whitsun play performances; among
these letters is a list of "absurdities" Goodman observed in the 1572
production of the cycle, absurdities that actually give us potential
evidence for what was enacted in Chester's streets that year.

Best,

Rob Barrett