On 6/12/09, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> My  sister in law --with mild Alzheimer's has a  similar problem and they
> called it  " lung infiltrate".  Look it  up on the Internet and it will be
> explained.
>
> He probably just needs an antibiotic so contact your  doctor or a pulmonary
> doctor in your area.  I don't think it clears up by  itself and the sooner
> an antibiotic is started--the sooner it will be over as it  can get worse if
> not treated.
> **************Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at your
> fingertips.
> (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolclassifieds/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000004)

I am new to the list and have been learning a lot by reading what
everyone has contributed.  As to your father it may be caused by his
saliva glands producing excess saliva which drips down the throat and
which then has to be spit up.  I happen to  have developed this
symptom in the past few months as part of my PD and Musinex - an
expensive over the counter can help prevent or lessen the effects -but
not if taken just when an attack begins.  Initially my allergist tried
to tell me that it was a form of allergic rhinitis - I called my
neurologist  about it when I began to have coughing up attacks of
mucous almost daily that lasted up to 15 minutes