Attn: Stuart Drown

As a former California resident and Parkinson's disease prisoner of 13 years I have monitored Proposition 71 and the difficulties the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) has contended with successfully since its passage over 5 years ago.  Lawsuits and bureaucratic interference with the will of the people have dashed my hopes for a cure in my lifetime.  I am asking that consideration be extended to future generations and that you allow research to go forward unimpeded.  Specifically,

(1)    Please don't politicize the CIRM by reducing the board members from 29 to 15 and changing the way they are selected.

(2)    Don't attack and diminish the role of the CIRM Chairperson, the indispensable Robert Klein II,  by reducing his term from 6 to 2 years and cutting his salary.

(3)    Don't hire more people while cutting salaries and not providing appropriate funds.

Today I am an Arizona resident, but I still have Parkinson's disease with no cure in sight.  Disease knows no geographic boundaries and we never know where a breakthrough might occur.  Please, I implore you, lets get on with it. The Little Hoover Commission should not be a force that ends hope and progress for millions of suffering people.

Sincerely,

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF