Same problem here - the words seem tp sputter out in stops and starts. Often I find iit too diifficult to get it out, so i say nothing (how we become invisible) . Also find I can't remember certain words as I am talking. Speech therapy for PWP has focussed mainly on speaking loud. Wonder if there's any tyhpe of therapy for fluency problems?
linda

---------- Original Message ----------
From: rayilynlee <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: I can speak for myself, if you'll let me do so
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 14:25:01 -0700

Interesting article.  The       only     way    I    can    get    words
out    is    to   do    the    computer     type    delivery and it is not
that my brain is slow,  I just strangle when I try to speak.  It is awful
when you can't write either.  People think I am angry when I raise my voice
to get the words out.  They just don't and can't understand.

For me this turned out to be a much greater problem than I ever  imagined.

Ray

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF