Hello Tom ,

Its good to hear about   your   news about the success of your DBS. I have been wondering if I should go for DBS? My Consultant Neuro in Manchester UK, does not think I should. I am not sure. I was diagnosed in 1998 although I had symptoms of PD which were not recognised. I kept it  a secret whilst I looked up what could make my left leg drag and my left arm disobey my command to type qwaz my little finger would take a long time to respond.The diagnosis of PD was a complete surprise. I am keen to know how other people such as your self have managed their fight against PD. I would like to exchange experiences. I have found my own ways of improving my Life and it seems to work for the time being its not A1 quality of life but it is many times better after 11 + years than i had imagined. I seem to be able to continue with a fairly normal ( often very good) life with the proper management of diet, exercise, and some specially designed equipment which helps to keep me mobile and active. But I am not sure if I am taking too much medication. I am also not sure where i go from here as the disease or the medication is attacking my normalcy relentlesly. I am on Stalevo, Perolide,Amantadine, plus others for eg for sleep and Blood pressure and statins

I am 61, my wife keeps telling me I am much better than i was 5  years ago. In some  ways I am as I continue to find new ways of coping with my condition. I would love to have a chat or hear from any members of the list who want to share ideas and experiences. I am a lurker on this list - have been for over 10years but now i feel i would like to communicate with fellow sufferers and learn how i manage  the  next phase. I look forward to hearing from you and anyone else.

Shekhar Nagarkar