Here ir the formula I was given for constipation which has helped me a lot. I have altered the formula by decreasing the amount of senna leaves in the formula,  I use about 1 ox of senna leaves and it works fine for me, that reduces the amount of senna, which is a common ingredient of lots of laxative product. Look for senna at a health food store. Not only works but if rather tasty too.

Anti-Constipation Fruit Paste Recipe

-l Ib pitted prunes
-l Ib raisens –
l lb figs –
1 cup lemon juice
 -1 cup brown sugar -3-4 oz pkg Senna tea
-Steep tea for 5 minutes in 3 1/2 cups water. Strain. -Add fruit to 2 cups tea. Boil 5 minutes. -Add sugar, lemon juice. Blend in food processor. - Keep in freezer. -1-2 TB daily.