I was asked to forward this announcement to the parkinsn list. I know poeople who attended last year's workshop and they all gave it very high marks.

Announcement:
"The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (PDF) is now accepting applications for 2009 Clinical Research Learning Institute (CRLI) to be held October 15th through October 17th.  This multi-day training provides people with Parkinson’s disease with the knowledge and skills necessary to be effective representatives and advocates throughout the clinical research process.  The program prepares graduates for such activities as: educating the community about the importance of clinical research and study participation; serving as representatives on Institutional Review Boards (IRBs) and Data Safety Monitoring Boards (DSMBs); and providing research sponsors and investigators with input on trial design, implementation and evaluation.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
 This year’s CRLI will be held at the Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center in Florham Park, NJ and is free of charge, with PDF also assuming the costs for participant travel and accommodations.
 We encourage you to inform people with Parkinson’s who have an interest in clinical research about this innovative program.  An application can downloaded from the PDF website at http://pdf.org/en/crli.  Individuals without Internet access should contact Nicole Rabin at [log in to unmask] or (800) 457-6676, ext. #7641 for an application.  The deadline for applying is July 17, 2009.

You will find more information about the Clinical Research Learning Institute at http://pdf.org/en/crli or you may reach me directly via the contact information provided above.

Nicole Rabin

Nicole L. Rabin
National Programs Coordinator
Parkinson's Disease Foundation
1359 Broadway, Suite #1509
New York, NY 10018
t: (212) 923-4700, ext. #7641 / 1-800-457-6676
f: (212) 923-4778

http://www.pdf.org/