Doctors should indeed never stop learning (which is true of all of us too)
but our experience has been that unfortunately there are some who do not
make the effort or are disinclined to do so.  One doctor we went to did not
even know that in some PD patients the loss of the sense of smell is an
early symptom, which I had read about on some PD websites.  And I agree,
many doctors only look at the motor difficulties and tend to pooh-pooh the
other symptoms, or do not know what advice to give for them.

I hope, Dr. Chew, that there are more and more doctors like you who are
willing to listen and to learn.  Particularly with an illness like
Parkinson's that presents such varied symptoms and problems.

Moneesha Sharma