A french PWP who had been asked to consider DBS by her neurologist a year ago,
went to consult a few days ago, still not too convinced.  As she was talking
about her doubts, her neuro told her to wait for there was quite a bit of
reconsideration about DBS at the moment.
I know that in France and England, there is a trial going on with stimulation
of pediculopontine nucleus but I hadn't heard about more serious doubts.
When DBS was first performed here, they used to say it would benefit a good
50% of PWP. Now they talk about 5%.
Has anyone heard more about all this?
maryse