Hi Everyone - I hope this is okay to post. Please read through it and
bear with me if you will.  My organization, The Parkinson Foundation of
the Heartland in Kansas City, MO, was recently contacted by a group
called Fund a Cure Panel.  This is a subsidiary of a larger company,
whose is hired by large companies ( Proctor and Gamble, Ford to name 2)
to find internet affinity groups to answer monthly surveys.  They have
recently branched out into health care, by doing qualitative studies
specific to various diseases and conditions.  For the first time, they
will be starting qualitative studies for PD, since the Internet and
groups like PIEN make is possible to aggregate panelists. (Lance
Armstrong Foundation was their first client - these guys are legit btw!)

So - to the point! We have affiliated with Fund a Cure Panel to try to
funnel pwp into these internet survey quantitative studies.  In return,
Fund a Cure Panel will pay the Parkinson Foundation ( a 501c3) not for
profit, $25 for each completed survey. IN RETURN - The Parkinson
Foundation will develop a new line item specifically for these funds,
and donate the money directly to bench and translational  research for
PD.

I hope that many of you will consider being a part of this initiative.
It's a chance for people with Parkinson's and Caregivers to participate
in on line research, and really, donate directly to PD research using
some multinationals money!

You can access the fund a cure panels through our website,
www.parkinsonheartland.org <http://www.parkinsonheartland.org/> . You
will see the Fund a Cure Panel icon directly on our home page. Enter the
portal, and you will be asked to complete a two minute profile.  Then
about once a month, you will be emailed a survey, usually 10 minutes
long or so.  Each completed survey will then cause Fund a Cure to send
$25 to the Parkinson Foundation, who will then segregate the funds, and
make a research donation, probably to MJFF. (In my opinion they are
usually doing the most translatable research) but each participant is
welcome to a voice in how the money is directed.

I hesitated to put this out, as I am sure there is some proscription
against fundraising for individual organizations.  Again, not what we
are attempting to do.  We are attempting to merely serve as a conduit
from large organizations to actual people with PD.  So, let me know what
you think, or visit our website and sign up!  Thanks for being patient,
and if I have been clear as mud, let me know and I'll try to do a better
job explaining our thought processes.  Cheers, Meg