My mom has also been leaning toward one side and slouching only this past year.  I had no idea it was related to her Parkinson's!  I thought it was an unrelated back condition.  We have been taking her to physical therapy religiously for the past 5 months, with no real change.  My mom also has dementia, so it is hard to get/convince her to do her sets of exercises at home.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to better this condition, I would greatly love to hear them!

Kindly,

Veronica from NYC, cg for my mom Matilde 77/73/??

--- On Mon, 7/13/09, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Scolosis Prevalent in PD
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 2:55 AM

I find this quite interesting.  My husband has been leaning toward one
side and slouching more and more this year.  I've been so surprised and  this
sheds some light on the problem.  We will be seeing a new neurologist  and it
will be interesting to see what he has to say.  This has also seemed  to
have an effect on his balance and "freezing".   Thank you for  pointing this
out.   and thank you to Rayilyn for sharing the  article.    Dot  cgBill
69/74/67

In a message dated 7/13/2009 2:46:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> New  research
> SCOLIOSIS IS PREVALENT IN PARKINSON'S DISEASE

I  often think 'new research' puts into writing things we have all known
for a
long time.
Since PWP have a tendancy to lean on one side, they usually  end up with a
scoliosis which gets fixated with the  years
maryse

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn

**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.