Hi all,

Just to clarify:

My purpose in ferreting out articles on PD and ECT going back to the 80s is
not to show that ECT is a safe, effective treatment for motor problems of
PD  -- that's not possible, as there is not enough evidence. What my search
does show is that since the late 1980s, psychiatrists have reported that PD
patients who received ECT for depression demonstrated improvement in motor
function as well, and have urged further study. A 2005 literature review
concluded that the body of evidence that ECT positively affects motor
symptoms is small but compelling, and that more research is warranted and
desirable.

What I have read leads me to conclude:

ECT has shown promise as a noninvasive treatment that can offer relief for
PD patients.

The movement disorders community should be researching this now.

Kathleen