It may not be just restricted to cylcing.  The article said that is someone bikes faster that he would normally, because he's on a tandem and the other is setting the pace,  you can see reduction in your PD symptoms when you get off.  Perhaps you can extrapolate that to any endurance type exercise that you push your pace?  Swimming runing,walking, dancing, others.  I just know that today after my two hour hike with 'the animal' (really she's Laura.) where I could barely keep up and really pushed myself, my PD symptoms are much better!  Maybe it's 'cause I am so darn exhausted, i got no energy to tighten those muscles....Who knows?  Try it.  I read the effect may persist for days or weeks...Kristin

________________________________
From: rayilynlee <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:48:14 PM
Subject: "forced" exercise bikes

After hearing about Dr. David Heydrick's improved PD symptoms after tandem biking I ordered and tried two really cheap "manual" cyclers which were unstable and too difficult to operate.  Since I don't have a "tandem" partner I looked into the Theracycler (power motor and seat) I learned it cost about $6,000.  I just received my motorized Paradigm ACTIVcycle for under $170 + free shipping from Carol Wright Gifts.

It looks good and I will have to wait until  my brother gets here  on 7-30  to align the pedals to try it out.  I can pull my electric wheel chair right up to it.  It has speed controls and monitors distance, calories, etc.  I'm hoping it works.

Ray

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF