-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of rayilynlee
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Parkinson Creativity

Parkinson Creativity
By carol

Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS
feed for updates on this topic.

You probably already know about Parkinson's disease, this is how the word
Parkinson is understood often. However, Parkinson is not all about the
disease or the disease-causing pathogen.

There is also a connection between Parkinson and creativity.

Perhaps you also have not heard of a Parkinson community, but there is
actually such. The worldwide Parkinson community had a meeting in the month
of February of year 2006 at the World Parkinson Congress 2006, which took
place for five days in the Convention Center in Washington, D.C.

The reason for their unavoidable meeting was to be able to bring the entire
Parkinson community together to share, review, teach and learn about
Parkinson's disease, otherwise known with the shortcut name of PD.

They also learn and discuss the latest advances in research, care and
treatment regarding PD.

The World Parkinson Congress showcased hopeful and recent research, allied
health professional procedures, and clinical practices, best care
initiatives, support groups and activities, networking and imaginative
initiatives, and advocacy that are geared to support the person who is
living, or rather, suffering from Parkinson's disease and also the very
loyal caregivers who help those who are sick with it to so much extent.
Now where does creativity step in in all of these? Many of those who are
diagnosed with Parkinson's disease have found unique ways to rise above its
impact so that they can produce very beautiful works of art, like music,
visual arts, writing, dance, drama, web design and craft.

The creativity of these people is very outstanding, and not just that, they
also get to help other people who are in dire need, like those patients who
are very loving of music, patients who are so into writing, those who love
to act either in front of an audience or just plain acting, those who seem
to be boneless because of utter grace in dancing, those who have such
skillful hands for molding those different forms and crafts, and also those
who are more intact with technology, the web designers.

Parkinson Creativity surely serves a therapeutic purpose, and this
therapeutic purpose is, indeed, evident throughout the whole program.
Parkinson creativity is believed to have quite an impact on one's quality of

life.

It is not final to stop enjoying life just because a disease is hovering
over your head. Parkinson's disease should serve as an inspiration, and most

definitely not as a hindrance.

One of the components of the WPC was the Creativity and Parkinson's, which
is a beautiful and organized exhibition of artwork made by the people who
are diagnosed with the disease.

They provided a comprehensive, rich and very inspirational message to all
the participants and also gave tangible evidence that creativity can,
indeed, affect one's perception of life's quality.

The impact that artwork poses and, also, the artist's statements will act as

fuel to enable people to study more about the creative process and the
therapeutic value of creativity.

Basically, Parkinson creativity is a therapeutic kind of creativity that not

only helps those who are sick with Parkinson's disease, but also those who
are in need of entertainment, develop sharper critical thinking and love of
art.

If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for
visiting!

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF