Ray asked me to post this to the list for her:

by now  most of you must know that the latest criticism against HR 3200 is that it would result in the government "killing old people", reference Rep. Virginia Fox, Republican - North Carolina, statement before the House of Representatives 7-28-2009.

it is my understanding that this charge stems from a section in the bill that deals with living wills.  I think it is Subtitle B, Section III, but I cannot take notes anymore.  maybe a Care Giver who has the use of his/her hands could find it or the clause that calls for killing old people.

 http://docs.house.gov/edlabor/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

thanks, Ray

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF