I found out a few days ago that I had been elected to the Executive
Committee (EC) of the Conference on College Composition and
Communication (CCCC) for a three year term starting December 21. While
I'm not sure how that group operates yet (the committee handbook is in
the mail!), I expect that I'll be able to bring a Canadian perspective
to EC deliberations.

I've been on the CCCC Childcare committee for the last few years, and
the latest news is that childcare will be available next year at
Louisville in the conference hotel Thursday through Saturday. The
rates are:

Children 3 years and older $50 for half day, $85 for full day
Children 36 months and younger $60 for half day, $105 for full day.
There will be the non-refundable pre-registration fee per child of
$10.00

This is the kind of thing that the EC deliberated about funding. If
you have other ideas for ways to improve the CCCCs, I'd be happy to do
what I can to help move them forward.

Roger Graves

Roger Graves
Director, Writing Across the Curriculum