From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of schild.m [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2009 5:33 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Amish got PD

> Could this high prevalence of PD be due to genetic factor such as cousin
> marriage? I heard that cousin marriage is legal in some parts of the US.

it says:
>So it was
> thought that the cause might be genetic. However, the more closely related
> they were, the less they were affected.

It would seem in their case brother/sister marriage would be preferable to
cousins??
I don't know much about the Amish but I would guess their genetic pool is not
very extensive.
Perhaps the pesticides are responsible. A pity they did not check
maryse

In the body of the message put: signoff parkins