It certainly seems more acceptable to society to have a movement disorder
than a brain disorder. Yet there are brain disorders that have "respectable"
names...ADHD and depression, for instance.

Here is a link to an article in the Fall, 2006, newsletter of the
Parkinson's Disease Foundation by Dr. William Langston, a PD researcher. He
writes eloquently about the many facets of PD and suggests a
multidisciplinary team approach to treatment,
http://www.pdf.org/en/fall06_PD_More...ement_Disorder<http://www.pdf.org/en/fall06_PD_More_than_a_Movement_Disorder>

I wonder what Dr. Langston would call PD...maybe a neurodegenerative
disorder?

Kathleen