Dear Ray and James

I have always loved neuroepidemiology because of its close relationship with culture and lifestyle. I have always love to learn about how people in every parts of the world live their life in their own unique ways.

But nowadays my attention has shifted to the Parkinson's community in this world - how they live and think, and respond to their illness. I even have this wild idea of going to many countries in this world to visit some Parkinson's patients.

Yes, the Amish are very unique people. For such as stable population, neuroepidemiological study will be helpful in revealing any risk factors for PD. In fact, once I was planning to carry out a neuroepidemiological study on PD at a district in Malaysia, where there was a relatively high prevalence of PD and stable population (minimal migration into and out of the district). Unfortunately, I could not even start it due to lack of time and funding.

This forum is interesting because Ray and Diane are familiar with the relevant and hot topics in Parkinson's. Thanks to them.

Dr Chew

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx