Ok, I'll respond from a Canadian perspective. I believe our system is great
but obviously not perfect. Yes, waiting lists are sometimes a problem but
for most acute illnesses the doctors and other professionals try to "get on
it" a.s.a.p. Care itself is excellent. All of us qualify no matter our
income, so we don't see people losing their house or shirt over health care.
 Medication is covered once you are a senior, i.e. after turning 65. Prior
to that, many of us have health care plans through work or privately for
drugs, dental work, therapies, etc. Health care funding is mostly through
the general tax system but part is funded through workplace deductions, at
least in Ontario. Costs are going up but that's also in response to more of
us getting older. It seems to me I read that the average health care costs
in the USA are higher than in Canada. With my PD, I am glad to be in
Canada.
Casey