Kathleen,
Prem has double vision most of the time.  He has had it for several years
now.  A neuro ophthalmologist told us earlier this year that this was
because the PD was causing a squint, sometimes in one eye and sometimes in
the other.  Because of this, it is difficult to correct.  I have covered one
of the lenses in his reading glasses and that seems to make a difference
while reading.
Prem also has trouble sometimes judging the depth of steps in a staircase or
the entrance to a building.  He normally uses his walking stick to help in
that.
These problems are quite apart from the occasional creepy crawlies he thinks
he is seeing on our marble floor.  Those are visual hallucinations and more
easily dealt with by assuring him that they are not there.
He has not mentioned floaters.
I don't know if this is of any assistance.
Moneesha