Hi Rick.
Unfortunatelyy, there is already a super-type of PD known as Multiple System
Atrophy (MSA). Back to the drawing board :-)

What about "Progressive CNS Degeneration" ?

Whatever name we come up with, I feel that it should reference the Central
Nervous System (CNS).

There are other similar disorders called Parkinson-plus diseases. These include:
multiple progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP), corticobasal degeneration (CBD),
and dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB). Lewy bodies are abnormal aggregates of
protein that develop inside nerve cells.

There were once other terms used for disorders that are now recognised as types
of MSA. For example,  Striatonigral Degeneration (now called MSA-p
p=Parkinsonian subtype), Shy-Drager Syndrome (now MSA-a a=autonomic dysfunction
subtype) and Sporadic Olivo Ponto Cerebellar Atrophy (MSA-c c=cerebellar
subtype).

I am sure in my own mind that we should take on board all types of parkinsonism,
for maximum publicity impact, maximum resaarch funding attraction, and maximum
research effort.

Jim
Dr. James F. Slattery, PhD Soc Sc