Dr. Chew,
Our experience here in Calcutta is that though
education about the illness among the general populace is non-existent,
there is no shortage of a caring attitude towards someone who is seen as
being unwell.  Often, however, it is the immediate family that is uninformed
and therefore perhaps lacking in true empathy.  There is impatience with the
patient.  That is why I posted those beatitudes for the PD caregiver - they
are a wonderful reminder.
Moneesha