After someone has been tortured by disease for years, maybe decades, don't
you think he/she might be a little down?

All this talk presupposes that depression is caused by a disease like PD
sort of apart from the effect of the toll it takes on a  person's existence.
That seems a little unfair, especially when there is such a stigma against
it.

When I developed panic attacks after chemo for ovarian cancer in 1979-80, I
sought help but was refused at first because I "had a reason" for developing
the attacks while the other group participants didn't have physical or
emotional traumas they could trace it to.  When UCLA later changed the
requirements, I just  toughed it out.  It seemed to me that psychotherapists
were unsure how to construct the support group.

It seems to me PWP have good reason to be depressed.  How do you separate
those who do from those who don't, and does it matter?

I believe people have the right to take their own life and would not
appreciate someone committing me if I wanted to do it.  PWP need a cure, not
commitment to a mental institution.

Ray

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF