It ain't just PWPs... My mother is one of countless individuals who got a
health alert device to placate concerned family and friends, then buried it
in a bedside table, where it languished for years. It was less than useless.
Alas. Nevertheless, if you could convince him to get one and make sure when
you're there that he wears it, it wouldn't hurt and might help.

How about this for a possible script:  "Hey, ___, I'm happy to cut your hair
but if you don't mind I'd rather not trip over your prone unconcious body in
god knows what state of undress. So get the alert device, already!"

Kathleen