Sami, it is always difficult for caring people to accept that someone they
love has chosen to put their lives at risk.

The reality is that if someone is not a danger to himself or others, there
is nothing that can be done.  If death occurs, so be it.  Please be at
peace - your friend has made his decision. You've tried your best to present
options.  If his decision to remain at risk bothers you, then refuse to
check on him daily.  Maybe that will jar him into understanding that he is
putting himself in peril.
--------
Mary Ann
www.bentwillowfarm.org