----- Original Message -----
From: "K. F. Etzold" <[log in to unmask]>

>No prescription needed, right? Also what is the name of the product that
>was actually prescribed. *Macrogol *appears to be a generic name for
>Polyethylene Glycol. Your stuff has other things in it.

I was stating the case in Australia. Several medicinal preparations which are
available "over the counter" on the USA are not as available in Australia;

Wikipedia does not have defined ethical standards or codes of information
veracity. In other words, just because it is in Wikipedia, doesn't necessarily
make it so..

The entry in Wikipedia for the commercial product has connections to external
links that refer to the product being "pharmacy only", and giving warnings for
its use, including "Take this medicine as directed by your doctor or
pharmacist.". They also include information on side-effects, interaction with
other drugs, proscription against taking, etc.

Anyone taking this preparation (or for that matter any medication) without first
consulting a doctor runs the risk of succumbing to one or more of the
side-effects.

Jim