From: rayilynlee <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: DYNASTY
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Tonetta:

I know what Kennedy did wrong because as a Republican until 2001 I also assailed him for his personal failings.

In 1996 I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and it is now 2009.  During the past 13 years I have advocated for embryonic stem cell research, arguing against people like yourself and conservative legislators.  Parkinson's disease destroys your life....slowly...you do not suddenly turn to stone.   It is very difficult to just exist, let alone fight for a cure.  It is a cruel "life sentence" imposed on innocent people.

You just can't imagine how helpful it was to have had an important, effective, powerful senator like Kennedy, on your side.

Since his death, I have been reminded of how he always worked for people who had gotten the short stick in life.  Civil rights, Medicare, the Disabled, Veterans, Seniors, Immigrants, Education, Children's Health - these are all issues I agree with the senator on.   What has the Republican Party or you ever done for these people?

I was a Republican by birth, not by inclination.  I have always been a progressive/liberal because I believe we should improve the world, not be the party of "NO".

I don't think you have to answer for Kennedy's failings and personal faults, but you are responsible for what happens to your fellow human beings.

Ray

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF