I also found a few mistakes in that article. I left Switzerland sme years
ago but the isurances you can choose from (100+) are not totally private
companies.the state gives them some money and they all have to provide basic
cover -total hospital payments, 90% medical fees and drugs). They also offer
optional services like private rooms; etc.
Whatever the system; everyone is covered, regardless of their fortune or
employment status in Europe. States negociate drug prices (many of the main
drug firms are European) but noone is left without cover and in most
countries you can choose your doctor and your hospital.
When I saw  on BBC Panorama a documentary about a foreign NGO (established
to help in the Amazon) dispensing medical care in several places in the USA,
I was really shocked.
No system is perfect, they all cost but in this day and age, nobody living
in a developped country should go without cover

Maryse