Richard Ferber wrote:
> I've not been very active on this list, though on it for awhile.  I'm
> a retired ER doc, was diagnosed with PD a couple of years ago.
> Symptoms still fairly minimal.
>
> I'd like to weigh in on the political discussion issue.
>
> There are many political ramifications in discussions of PD.  Health
> care in particular abounds with policy issues that affect PD
> profoundly.  My preference is that the list minimizes rules as to what
> is discussed and what not.   Nothing in the recent flurry of political
> commentary seemed irrelevant to me.  But if something does, I'm
> free....as has been noted....to delete.
>

> Rick Ferber

I also have been on the list now for some 7 or 8 years now and, have
listened to many political

related posts. It is my opinion that no one has ever admited to changing
a position after

reading what has been posted here. I have been politically enlightened
from time to time but

never have my core values been challenged.  So why do we do it? We are
not going to change

but we think we can make the other guy change by pointing how wrong they
are.

To come up with an approved list of topics will happen only after they
start putting Valium

in the public water supply.

Ned