Many of the topics concerning Parkinson's Disease involve the public and political arena- in this respect the information
provided by Ray, Maury and a handful of other folks has been invaluable and I hope they will continue to provide information here!
Stem Cell research, the cost of prescription drugs, the health care debate- all are hot political topics that are relative to folks suffering from Parkinson's Disease-some impacted more than others as a result of socio-economic status.
 We purchase my mom's prescriptions from Canada because of the greedy US pharmaceutical lobby and their impact on cost...This is a political topic relative to Parkinson's.
I am discouraged however when individuals here are unkind with their political and racist propaganda-their focus clearly is to badger and provoke- Quite honestly, they do not seem authentic and I wonder if they are even impacted by Parkinson's Disease.
In this situation- Delete is the welcomed option.
Tess

> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:48:16 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: ot topics
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> I quite agree.
> -Ken
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Trauti Boyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > i have given this alot of thought today and will post even though it might
> > not sit well with some.
> > a list like this takes a lot of work which in the past was taken on by only
> > a few of the members. these members, by their nature, were willing to take
> > the time to make us all aware of new developments. that occasionally a
> > political view or interpretation would show is par for the course. i never
> > felt there was an abundance of these posts, plus they were clearly marked
> > and could be deleted by hitting just one button.
> > without these list members there would be hardly any activity. furthermore,
> > the thread about health care, i felt, was important and the outcome will
> > influence treatments for pd without a doubt.
> > having list members all over the world should provide us with a great
> > opportunity to compare treatments and  the pros and cons of the different
> > health care systems.
> > unfortunately there are some who don't post much, or not at all, who feel
> > they need to criticize at the slightest perceived provocation, without
> > contributing to the list ever.
> > i, personally, am grateful for the information i got through the list. if i
> > felt a post did not concern me or was not helpful, all i had to do was hit
> > the delete button. not once did i feel the list had gone completely off
> > track or was useless.
> > trauti

> > To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: mailto:
> >

> --

HotmailŪ is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.