September 2009 PAN E-Newsletter
Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF

From: Diane Wyshak
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:48 AM
To: ray ; chew Nee Kong
Subject: Fw: September 2009 PAN E-Newsletter

----- Original Message -----
From: Parkinson's Action Network
To: Diane Wyshak
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:06 PM
Subject: September 2009 PAN E-Newsletter

      Read this on our Web site >>

                   Message from the CEO

                  Countless people have asked me over the years how many people in America live with Parkinson's disease. Quite frankly, the answer is simple. We don't know. But, a comprehensive, nationwide Parkinson's disease registry that will help us answer this question is finally within our reach.   Go to full article>>

                    The Parkinson's Institute: A Resource for the Entire Parkinson's Community

                  The Parkinson's disease community has many outlets for service, research, and care. That one of the best of these resources, the Parkinson's Institute, is located in a small town called Sunnyvale comes as no surprise to those in the Parkinson's community.   Go to full article>>

                   Policy Focus

                  Congress is currently crafting legislation to overhaul the nation's health care system. PAN is closely monitoring these proposals and is continuing to focus on gaining support for our legislative priorities, which includes the National MS and Parkinson's Disease Registries Act, funding for the Department of Defense Parkinson's research program, and funding for the National Institutes of Health and Food and Drug Administration.   Go to full article>>

                  Advocacy Spotlight: Monnie Lindsay

                  Monnie Lindsay, PAN Board Member and Nebraska State Coordinator, recently published a newsletter article detailing PAN's legislative issues and what members of Nebraska's Congressional delegation think on those issues.   Go to full article>>

                   Join PAN for the 16th Annual Morris K. Udall Awards Dinner

                  Please join us for the 16th Annual Morris K. Udall Awards Dinner, to be held Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at the Capital Hilton Hotel in Washington, DC. U.S. Reps. C.W. Bill Young (R-FL) and David R. Obey (D-WI) will be awarded Morris K. Udall Awards for Public Service and PAN Arizona State Coordinator Jean Burns will be honored with the Milly Kondracke Award for Outstanding Advocacy.   Go to full article>>

                  Register Now for PAN's 16th Annual Research & Public Policy Forum

                  Registration is now open for PAN's 16th Annual Research & Public Policy Forum. The Forum, being held February 17, 2010 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, will be the first Forum held entirely online via a live Webcast or Audiocast via telephone. Register for free now at www.thepanforum.org or call PAN at 800-850-4726.   Go to full article>>

                  2009 Forum Revisited: "Emerging Therapies"

                  At PAN's 15th Annual Research & Public Policy Forum, more than 300 advocates heard Howard J. Federoff, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President and Executive Dean at the Georgetown University Medical Center moderate a panel on Emergine Therapies at the Forum. Dr. Federoff and the panel discussed new and exciting therapies for Parkinson's disease and new therapies in the pipeline.   Go to full article>>

                 Give Your Feedback on PAN's Web Site

                  PAN is re-evaluating its Web site to be more appealing and user-friendly. Because we are interested in the opinions of first-time users of our Web site, please help us by spending a few minutes visiting our Web site and filling out this brief survey. Please encourage others to do so as well.   Go to full article>>

                  PAN Quick Links

             If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.