Parkinson's and health care reform is a cogent topic for Parkinsn.
Each of us have a story how it has helped or failed us.

The Part A deductible was about my full SS benefit for one month. I
carried a supplemental policy which was almost worthless. I have no
experience with the "donut hole" of Plan F since I escaped to
paradise before I was required to get it.

My latest DBS replacement was at the San Francisco VA who doesn't
require the Part A deductible and they only collect from 3 parties if
you have private insurance.

If you live under the bridge or out of your car chances you will be
given two aspirin and a New Testament before your put back out on the street.

Did I mention co-pays? At the VA if you can't pay the $8 per monthly
prescription, they take it out of your social security. I have had
experience with that.

What ever is passed it will be part of a loaf. The spirit of
bi-partisanship will allow the victors to claim credit and the fine
print will take it all away if you don't have a hangnail on the left
foot that impairs kneeling at church.

Everyone of us at some point will need long term care. For those that
are lucky and have a loving care giver, we may outlive them. What do
we do then?

This was my story and I am sticking to it.

John Cottingham