Just found this...more serious fx, though if none of these conditions
pertains, it seems to me that budipine still might be a good choice and
could add one more stop on the way to DBS.

Kathleen

http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/fr/d/Jh1466e/2.6.html#Jh1466e.2.6

Budipine - revised data sheet: cardiac adverse reactions

*Germany.* The manufacturer of the antiparkinsonian agent, budipine
(Parkinsan®: Byk Gulden Lomberg and Lundbeck) has revised the product
information for this product to extend the contraindications to include
patients with cardiomyopathy, myocarditis and AV Block II and III as well as
patients with a history of ventricular arrhythmia, especially tachycardia
(torsade de pointes). In addition an electrocardiogram should be performed
before the start of therapy, then again one to three weeks afterwards and on
increase of the dosage. Patients with a QTc value over 420 ms or discernible
U-waves, or with an increase in QTc of over 60 ms and accordingly a QTc time
of over 480 ms and discernible U-waves when taking budipine are excluded
from treatment.

As regards risk factors for electrolyte imbalance, e.g. diuretic medication,
frequent vomiting and/or diarrhoea, use of insulin in an emergency, kidney
disease or anorexia, laboratory tests should be performed, especially for
potassium and magnesium. As soon as symptoms such as palpitations, dizziness
or syncope appear, budipine must be withdrawn and, if necessary, the patient
examined for QT-prolongation.

This action was taken in the context of the ongoing review of marketed
products carried out by the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices
which found that the incidence of cardiac adverse reactions was not
adequately reflected in the product information.

[image: Afficher le
document]<http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/fr/d/Jh1466e/4.1.html>Safety
of Herbal medicines - Discussion at the 23rd meeting of national drug
monitoring centres, Tunisia, November
2000<http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/fr/d/Jh1466e/4.1.html> [image:
Afficher le document]<http://apps.who.int/medicinedocs/fr/d/Jh1466e/4.2.html>Effects
of paracetamol pack size restriction on