Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF

From: American Parkinson Disease Association
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 7:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Healthy tip of the month from American Parkinson Disease Association

            Home | Donate | News & Updates

            How do you deal with the effects of nausea?

            An APDA supporter recently sent this tip that has worked well for her and others she has mentioned it to -- candied/crystalized ginger.

            Candied ginger is readily available and easy to find in most large grocery stores.  Some folks find it a bit on the spicy side, but in very small amounts, it seems to do wonders with supressing feelings of nausea.

            "I usually eat five or six small, quarter-sized pieces and it always helps", she mentioned.

            Ginger, in any form, has been used for nausea and sea-, air-, and car-sickness for ages -- with no side effects!  (Although, if you are concerned about side effects, contact your doctor before trying ginger.)

            "If other suggestions for combatting nausea haven't worked, I hope this one does the trick!"

            A very special thanks to D. Black for sharing this healthy Parkinson's tip!

            Do you have a tip that you would like to share with us? Click the button below to share your healthy tip!

            Or, e-mail your tip to [log in to unmask],  and be sure to let us know if you'd like us to use your name and/or tip on our Web site or in one of our healthy tip of the month e-mails.

            This healthy tip has been brought to you by the American Parkinson Disease Association.

                 © American Parkinson Disease Association, 2003-2009. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy
                  135 Parkinson Avenue | Staten Island, NY 10305 | Tel. (800) 223-2732 | www.apdaparkinson.org

                  If you prefer not to receive APDA e-mail correspondence, please unsubscribe here.

     The American Parkinson Disease Association, Inc. was founded in 1961 to "Ease the Burden - Find the Cure" for Parkinson's disease. Headquartered in New York, the organization focuses its energies on research, patient support, education and raising public awareness of Parkinson's disease.