I had one of me neurostimulators replaced at the San Francisco
Veterans Medical Center this summer and in the aftermath programming
one setting caused me to to become emotional, sobbing.

Susan Heath, my programmer, attributed this to feedback in the limbic
system. Maryse's posting this week also used this term.

Searching PubMed I found numerous references to studies and articles
which contained the same term which related to risk taking. The
searches are here with the results:

http://tinyurl.com/ykca2sv

This is a corrected URL.

A small number of you are interested enough to discover 2+2 and a
smaller number will actually go to a medical library and look at the
full study. I used to be in that small number spending lots of time
in he journal stacks but I have slacked off in my old age and no
longer have access to a medical library here in paradise.

Perhaps some of you will pick up where I left off. The studies
pointed to by the tinyurl above will be updated. Save the tinyurl as
PD - Risk Taking.

John Cottingham