This list of foods that help the body make dopamine is from the site below I
sent you.  Note the phenylalanine reference:  Don't know who wrote this, but
its someone trying to quit smoking.
Ray.

Below is a list of the foods that will help your body make dopamine that I've
compiled from various websites. Interesting that I have craved some of these
foods..I mean, who craves beets, cottage cheese, or sesame seeds? Also
interesting is that sunflower seeds are on the list.I usually have eaten
tons of sunflower seeds in the shell at the beginning of a quit and if I don't,
I don't feel as good as when I've eaten them, but sometimes I haven't used
them because of the calories and salt. I'm going to include as many of these
as I can in my daily diet.I hope this list helps someone else, too.

. Almonds
. Apples
. Avocados
. Bananas: As a banana matures, it produces dopamine quinine, a naturally
occurring form of dopamine. Although small brown areas on the fruit indicate
bruising, these portions also contain the highest levels of dopamine.
. Beans & Legumes, particularly lima beans and red beans.
. Beets
. Cheese, particularly cottage cheese
. Chicken
. Eggs
. Fish: Omega-3 fatty acids are found in seafood, especially mackerel,
salmon, striped bass, rainbow trout, halibut, tuna, and sardines. These
fatty acids have many jobs in the body, including a possible role in the
production of neurotransmitters (dopamine is a neurotransmitter).
. Seeds: pumpkin, sesame and sunflower
. Watermelon: Watermelon juice is fat free and loaded with vitamins A, B6,
and C! Vitamin B6 is used by the body to manufacture neurotransmitters such
as serotonin, melatonin, and dopamine.
. Wheat Germ: Wheat Germ is a good source of phenylalanine. Phenylalanine is
an essential amino acid found in the brain and blood plasma that can convert
in the body to tyrosine, which in turn is used to synthesize dopamine.

Other suggestions:
. Eliminate caffeine: Caffeine boosts the neurotransmitters in the brain and
increases serotonin temporarily, but after the spike, dopamine levels sink.
. Reduce your intake of sugary foods and saturated fats. These reduce
dopamine levels
. Purchase natural amino acid supplements to get a dopamine boost. These are
available at health food stores or online.
Tags: depression, diet, dopamine, relapse

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF