Just passing on what I've found out.

Nowhere in the gum article trial studies I posted does it mention phenylaline.  I think gum chewing has helped PWP not because of chewing, but because phenylaline is like dopamine.  see my most recent posted site.

xylitol helps gum health by starving bacteria.  this is important to PWPs with DBS.  I dread cavities and dental drills (have had tooth extractions).  I have peridontal disease.

Trident gum except for watermelon twist gum has BOTH xylitol and phenylaline.  the watermelon sugarless has only xylitol.

I'm going for both kinds.

Ray

Rayilyn Brown
Director AZNPF