Hi Natasha and Graham.  I'm sorry I didn't get around to responding to
your first call for ideas.  I  taught a Teaching Writing Course at
Western that was at the 200 level (i.e. for senior students).  I
included much of what you have here (apart from the "teaching in the
workplace" which I think is very good.).  I also included a unit on
teaching ESL students in the classroom and the different problems/ needs
that they present to a writing instructor.  Many of the students I
taught either went on to teach for a year or two in Korea, Japan or
somewhere in South America, or found themselves dealing with ESL
students in their high school or university classrooms,  so they found
this a useful introduction to this kind of specialized teaching.  In
this context we talked about plagiarism and ownership of ideas; critical
thinking;  separation of ideas; grammar issues (i.e. writing with an
accent vs. clarity of message)  and macrological problems of
organization and style. Just a thought!  Theresa.