University of Toronto Press – Journals is now on Facebook!

www.facebook.com/utpjournals

Join us for advance notice of tables of contents of forthcoming issues, author and editor commentaries and insights, calls for papers and advice on publishing in our journals. Become a fan and join in discussions about current developments in your field of study and on relevant news from around the publishing world. UTP Journals fans can also make suggestions of themes for future issues and for new books to consider for review, and much more...

And introducing - UTP Journals focus

Every week we will feature articles from several of our journals and offer them free to our Facebook fans. The articles will only be free for the week they are featured so be sure to check back every Wednesday so you don’t miss out.

UTP Journals focus - Free Articles for November 11 – 17, 2009

This week we are pleased to feature:

Canadian Historical Review  - Issue 2:1

Nationalism and Self Determination

W. P. M. Kennedy

The Duke of Wellington and the Peace Negotiations At Ghent in 1814

Dudley Mills

Privy Council Appeals in Early Canada

William Renwick Riddell

SideLights on the Attempted Union of 1822

William Smith

Confederate Agents in Canada During the American Civil War

Wilfrid Bovey

Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice - Issue 46:1

Treatment at La Macaza Clinic: A Qualitative Study of the Sexual Offenders' Perspective

Martin Drapeau, Christine Annett Körner, Louis Brunet, Luc Granger

Cartographica - Issue 1:2

Stable Base Film

R. A. Stoner

Scale Standardization / A Proposal

B. Goussinsky

Electronic Draughting

R. G. Newman and L. C. Noakes

Canadian Modern Language Review - Issue 55:4

Editorial / Éditorial

Birgit Harley and Sharon Lapkin

Videoconferencing as Access to Spoken French

Celeste Kinginger

What's Wrong with Oral Grammar Correction

John Truscott

Language Learning Strategies and Language Proficiency: Investigating the Relationship in Hong Kong

Stephen Bremner

A Response to Truscott's ‘What's Wrong with Oral Grammar Correction’

Roy Lyster, Patsy M. Lightbown and Nina Spada

Vers un modèle d'intervention précoce en lecture en actualisation linguistique

Marie Josée Berger

Some Factors That Affect the Success of ESL High School Students

Tracey M. Derwing, Emilie DeCorby, Julia Ichikawa and Kama Jamieson

A Touch of … Class!

Catherine Black

Book and Software Reviews / Critiques de livres et de logiciels

Canadian Public Policy - Issue 34:1 (Supplement)

 Private Pensions and Income Security in Old Age: An Uncertain Future

Thomas F. Crossley and Byron G. Spencer

 Les régimes de retraite privés et de sécurité du revenu à la retraite: un avenir incertain

Thomas F. Crossley and Byron G. Spencer

 Savings Incentives and OAS/GIS Costs

Keith Horner

Canadian Review of American Studies

 The Triumph of Death: National Security and Imperial Erasures in Don DeLillo's Underworld - Issue 37:1

Eighteenth-Century Fiction

  Hygienic Motherhood: Domestic Medicine and Eliza Fenwick's Secresy - Issue 20:4

INFOR

  Adaptive Systems Thinking in Integrated Water Resources Management with Insights into Conflicts over Water Exports - Issue 46:1

Don't forget to check back on November 18 for a new list of free articles!  www.facebook/utpjournals

University of Toronto Press — Journals Division
5201
Dufferin St., Toronto, ON, Canada M3H 5T8
Tel: (416) 667-7810 Fax: (416) 667-7881
Fax Toll Free in
North America 1-800-221-9985
email:[log in to unmask]