Some years back, I was driving in an unfamiliar part of New Hampshire. I'd
stop and ask directions and would invariably be told, "It's 20 minutes down
the road." In 20 minutes I'd stop and ask again, and would once again be
told it'd be about 20 minutes. Eventually I'd get there, after an
unpredictable number of 20-minute units.

Ten years seems to be the medical researchers' equivalent of a New Hampshire
20 minutes.

Kathleen