Steve, thanks for the tip on the Beetle. I'm thinking of ditching my Toyota
Matrix for something with better gas mileage but it's so easy to get in and
out of it, I hate to give it up. I will test drive the Bug.

About driving: I find driving easiest on overcast days. Glaring, in-and-out
sun is a strain visually and can have a hypnotic effect on long highway
trips. (Most of my driving is local.) Good sunglasses help a lot!

As with everything about PD, how it affects driving varies widely from one
individual to the next.

I second Steve's suggestion about the handicap permit! It's a significant
perk. I have one of the hanging ones, very useful as we can switch it
between our two cars.

Kathleen