-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer Gaudio
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 5:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Newbie's introduction

Hello all,

My name is Jen Gaudio. I'm 38 and was just diagnosed with YOPD on October
14th. I'm doing fairly well as I suspected it for a while and had time to
prepare. I've been experiencing tremors, muscle weakness, spasms and
rigidity in my left side since 2007. The diagnosis got confused as the worst
symptoms popped up after I had tendon repair surgery on both my legs. It
seems tremors run in my family--seven have them all ranges of age--but I am
the first to knowingly develop into pd. I'm working on participating in some
studies. I figure if I can help someone else down the line it may be worth
it.

I'm in the research and planning stages. I think that's where most of my
freakout energy is going. I found out about this listserv from "When
Parkinson's Strikes Early" and here I am. I'm most interested in how to
maintain some normalcy while losing independence as it progresses (I'm
single and likely staying that way) work and ADA issues (I'm a museum
curator) and anything that may help slow progression and keep some level of
fitness (brfore the surgery I was a yoga and tai chi student and loved
swimming).

As a newbie I'm grateful that this listserv exists, thank you to all who
developed and support this resource.

Best,

Jen

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/