would flag markers (little flags on sticks) that attach to the extreme end of your bumpers/fenders, help?
I find just slowing my driving down,  does it for me. I sometimes get out and look at my remaining space, or have one of my kids get out and watch!( I Drive a "land yacht" a Chevy Suburban, so I can relate to not knowing where your fenders are exactly.
Just take your time is my suggestion.

Charlie