if you are not sure about  your  driving, you can get tested, NOT by the licensing authorities, but by a private  concern.  Cedars Sinai here in West Hollywood has a program as do other major hospitals. SOme driving schools offer testing too.
So thats a good way to have your skills evaluated without possibly losing your license.
CHarlie