-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer Gaudio
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 7:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Question-driving

I thought about that and I'm holding off for a couple of reasons.
1. I want to push myself to walk as much as I can. Frankly, I need the
exercise. At the moment only my left side is compromised and my leg drags,
but I haven't got to the freezing part yet. I contemplated dressing up as
Igor for Halloween, but figured that was a little too dark even for me. :)
2. Work doesn't know yet. I'm going to be straight with my supervisor after
I have another evaluation at Yale in January. I'm currently tagged like
endangered wildlife with a medical id bracelet because I live alone and my
parents live in NJ. I figured that was best in case I start hallucinating
Elvis gnomes or something. But the bracelet is less of a flashing red light
than plates.
3. Psychology. I'm afraid that getting plates will be the first step to
completely losing my independence. THAT terrifies me especially since I am
on my own. I have loving friends and family who are already volunteering to
help, but I've been FIERCELY independent my whole life.
I've decided that my current reaction to all this is like being in the eye
of a hurricane. It's calm and quiet right now, but sooner or later something
is going to tear the roof off. I'm just waiting to see what's it going to
be.
Jen

> Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 11:18:16 -0500
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Question-driving
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> >Hi Jen
>
> I have heard, from a man who weighs way more than 250 pounds, that
> the VW new Beetle is very easy to get into and out of. It also looks
> like it's easy to park. Speaking of which, perhaps it's time to get a
> handicap license plate.
>
> >Subject: Question-driving
> >
> >Morning,
> >I have a question for the community. I'm finding I have increased
difficulty
> >parking and turning. I drive an 06 saturn view inherited by my parents,
> >which is a nice car but huge and not good on maneuvering to begin with.
I'm
> >fine with everything else but parking and turning and have got into a
couple
> >of fender-benders in parking lots. I suspect its the weakness in my left
> >arm.
> >Has anyone else experienced this in onset? Or am I being hypersensitive?
> >am thinking of buying a smaller more easily maneuverable car (with better
> >gas mileage :)), but the expense would pinch and if I didn't have to do
it I
> >shouldn't.
> >best,Jen
> >Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop.
>
>http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9690331&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-U
> >:WWL_WIN_evergreen:112009
> >To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
> >In the body of the message put: signoff parkinsn

> >To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]
> >In the body of the message put: signoff parkinsn
>

> --
> Steve in VT

mailto:[log in to unmask]

http://www.bing.com/search?q=restaurants&form=MFESRP&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_