Hi
	Jus thought  I would reply to this from Audrey's PC. I had the DBS
operation an the only two things I was guaranteed of being cure of were
rigidity an tremors.
This was true.
I have been attending PT course recently where  my stimulator was down a
little low. I had a great deal of difficult performing some of the more the
complex tasks. However with a little jiggling after seeing my neuro I was
able to change my test score over 3 months from  131 to 147 out of 150.
The problem  I still have is freezing whiles moving through perceived
obstructions such as doorways.
This was relieve by my counting my paces and slowing the frequency of my
steps down. It would appear that the perception of an obstruction is very
much a PD problem.
 Hope this helps.
john Thomas